top of page


Reporting Abuse

Tribunal of the Catholic Church for New Zealand

If you suspect abuse of a minor, your first call should be to law enforcement.

If you suspect child abuse within a family, you should call your local child protection agency. To view current contact information for all child protection agencies within the Christchurch Diocese, click here.

Sexual abuse by a priest, deacon or a staff member or volunteer of the Church within the

Diocese of Christchurch should be reported first to law enforcement, then to the

National Office of Professional Standards (NOPS) - 0800 114 622

To report sexual abuse or related misconduct by a Catholic bishop, we encourage you to first contact law enforcement.  To report such abuse or misconduct to the Church, you should contact the NOPS office.

Individuals may go to to file a report.

bottom of page